National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) Program
Official information about the NSA/DHS National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense (CAE-CD) Program can be found on the website of the NIETP, the National Information Assurance Education & Training Programs, at https://www.iad.gov/NIETP/index.cfm.
Note: As of May 1, 2018, some commonly used internet browsers considered the security certificates used for the NIETP website invalid. Therefore individuals visiting the NIETP site may receive warnings stating that their connection to the site is not secure.
Key documents available from the NIETP website:
- CAE-CD Designation Program Guidance— 2018 Cycle (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD Two-Year Education Program Criteria— 2018 Cycle (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD Four-Year Education Program Criteria— 2018 Cycle (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD 2019 and Beyond Knowledge Units (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD 2019 and Beyond Knowledge Unit Codes (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD 2019 and Beyond Specializations (.PDF file)
- CAE-CD Knowledge Unit Mapping Matrix (.xlsx file)
- It is recommended that educational institutions interested in applying for CAE-CD designations for the first time join the Application Assistance Program, by submitting the online Applicant Checklist on the CAE Community website.