CyberWatch West sponsors and provides support for Industry Night events to bring together educators, students, government representatives, and industry professionals to share information and conversation about the ever-changing cybersecurity landscape. These events are a good way for academia and industry to form connections and to engage students in conversation with potential future employers.
Benefits to hosting an Industry Night event
- Faculty and instructors gain insights into which skills their students need to successfully launch careers in the cybersecurity field.
- Students learn about the exciting local jobs that await them and are motivated to earn cybersecurity degrees and certificates.
- Educational institutions collaborate with business/industry to support student job placement and build networks of local employers that can form the foundation for future internship programs and/or job fairs.
- Increased visibility of cybersecurity programs among potential students in the community.
- Local employers have access to potential interns and employees and have the opportunity to help shape the future cybersecurity workforce.
If you would like to work with CyberWatch West to organize and co-host an event, we can offer the following support:
- A person to help you with the logistics, outreach, and marketing of the event
- CyberWatch West sponsorship of a dinner/reception with prior agreement
- A CyberWatch West facilitator at the event
Interested in hosting an Industry Night event?
Red asterisks (*) indicate required fields.