October is National Cyber Security Awareness Month!
CyberWatch West is proud to participate in National Cyber Security Awareness Month. Cybersecurity is a shared responsibility, and we all have a role to play in making the Internet safer and more secure for everyone.
Throughout the month we will highlight the issue of cybersecurity on our website, in our newsletter, and on our social media posts. We hope you will join our efforts to promote this issue. Online safety and security are shared responsibilities; together we can positively impact our online community.
Please take these simple actions to help keep you, your identity, and your information safer online:
· Set strong passwords and don’t share them with anyone.
· Keep your operating system, browser, and other critical software optimized by installing updates.
· Maintain an open dialogue with your family, friends, and community about Internet safety.
· Limit the amount of personal information you post online and use privacy settings to avoid sharing information widely.
· Be cautious about what you receive or read online—if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
For additional tips and resources, visit www.dhs.gov/stopthinkconnect.